Sunday, August 24, 2008

hello world =)

I'm kind of a late starter perhaps in blogging. I've done the old usual things like xanga back in the day. Stopped doing much of that for awhile... perhaps a whole 4 years? or more?

Anyways, I'd like to freely just jot down my thoughts here, being purely myself. But I'd also like to take the time and effort to write and post here things that could be more relevant to the world. What I mean by that is.. I don't want to bore whoever the reader is.
You see, throughout most of my life I've been always in the habit of writing in a personal journal. This was of course for personal use, and the only other people who've read my entries are my family. They, for some reason, love reading them. Whenever I read my old journals and past entries, I feel like I'm suffocating! That's because.. I tend to write in a way that is very personal and subjective, full of emotions and deep deep thoughts. This by no means is bad... but if that's your only component, your writing lacks much flavor. I want to make this blog definitely different from what I'm normally used to doing. Therefore it will take much effort on my part, but I'm excited to push myself.

Perhaps I should introduce myself briefly. I am currently going to be enrolled in what I hope to be my last year as an undergrad at UC Berkeley. I'm Korean American. I've come to grow fond of the the Bay Area during the past 3 years I've been living here. But I do enjoy all the various places I've had the experience of living in... such as North Carolina, Seoul Korea, Anaheim (OC), Redondo Beach, Pasadena, etc. I absolutely cannot get sick of traveling. I've had the fortunate experience of traveling because of mission trips to mainly East Asia and Brazil. I have been blessed in many ways because of family, friends, and the Christian community God continues to provide in my life. I love my family, my friends from all walks of life, and I am striving to love God most. As you can tell.. I am a Christian, believer and follower of Christ. And this path is definitely hard and narrow, but God is absolutely gracious and abundant in His love for not just me but for this world. And I deeply desire to learn and inherit his heart as mine. As I become older and more mature, I realize how weak and small I am in comparison to this vast world.. yet with greater clarity, I am understanding the workings of this world.. and it becomes smaller and more understandable at the same time.


No comments: